Tax Agent Service in the UAE by Abdulrahman Alnuaimi Auditing of Accounts LLC
It will not be always possible for the companies to look after the issues on tax matters and resolve it with the concerned authority (FTA) by itself. It will be necessary for the companies to appoint an expert to handle tax matters. By appointing a Tax Agent in the UAE by any taxable person (company or individual), he can count the following benefits:
- Some of the documents may have to be given in Arabic language to the concerned authority. The tax agent will be an Arabic proficient professional and hence the taxable person need not bother if he doesn’t have records in Arabic.
- All the documents and records are to be maintained for 5 years. Hence appointing a dedicated person – Tax Agent –will give more comfort for the taxable person on compliance requirements of the law in long term.
- Tax agent will be always updating himself on the latest changes in the law and hence the penalty on noncompliance of the new provisions of the law will be eliminated.
- Appointing a Tax Agent or at least a Tax Consultant will help the taxable person to identify the right “Dos and Don’ts which will result is better tax planning.
- Tax Agent can represent the taxable person in front of the Federal Tax Authority and hence if any assessment notice comes in future for the assesse, the experienced Tax Agent’s service will be crucial.
As per the article 14 of the federal law no 7 of 2017, executive regulations (expected to issue soon) will specify the procedure for listing a tax agent in the register and the rights and obligations of the tax agent before the authority and the taxable person. Once the procedure for registering a tax agent is opened, Emirates Chartered Accountants will get registered as a tax agent in the UAE to serve the business community better.
Once we are appointed as your tax agent, we will be responsible to provide all the information, documents, records and data to the Federal Tax Authority (FTA) if requested to submit on behalf of you. We will act on behalf of you with regard to your all tax affairs with the FTA.